Tsukiji Sushi Sensation ― Learn to prepare real Nigiri Sushi from the Professionals, including Overview and Tour of Tsukiji Market
Open: Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Please CONTACT us before you book to check availability)
Price:Price: 24,800 yen/person (Including Tax)Minimum number of participants：2 persons Maximum number of participants：10 persons Background: Japan Sushi College is dedicated to teaching the skills of Sushi preparation to non-Japanese, offering courses for both professionals, and those wishing for an introduction to preparing sushi, and deepening their appreciation of the culture. Features:
- The whole course is presented in English
- You will be guided through Tsukiji Market with our chef, who will share his insights and knowledge of the stalls and fish varieties
- Although fish will be provided in class, you have the option of buying some fish at the market that you would specifically like to try
- You will learn all about preparing Nigiri Sushi from an expert chef.
- You will learn how to cut fish into ‘NETA’ (Sushi slices) by yourself
- You can enjoy eating the Nigiri you make, whilst learning tips on proper Sushi eating etiquette
- You will receive a course manual containing an overview of the market, and basic instructions for making NIGIRI sushi, plus a certificate of attendance!
- Experience shopping at the b biggest fish market in the world
- Learning from the professionals how to prepare Nigiri Sushi safely and hygienically
- Learning how to slice NETA from a fish block for the best results
- Learning correct Sushi etiquette
Before you buy the ticket, please contact us to confirm your preferred date and number of people.
Program details:Brief explanation: Slicing fish
Instructor: Takashi Anezaki
I have been dedicated to the world of Sushi as a chef, manager and trainer for 25 years. After graduating university, I joined the then newly founded ‘Gatten Sushi restaurant chain. It has since gone on to become one of the most famous Sushi chains in Japan. As well as gaining experience as a sushi chef, I also learnt sushi business management. During my time at the company I have trained 800 staff, and contributed to the opening of 300 outlets for the group. I have also been directly responsible for the launch of 5 outlets. I am currently the chief trainer for the Japan Sushi College located in the vicinity of Tsukiji Market. Presenter: Donald N McCulloch Background Donald is mixed Scottish/Japanese, having lived in Japan for 15 years, and Asia a total of 33 years. He is a fluent Japanese speaker, and has worked in Engineering, the IT industry, and English teaching. He has a passion for both Western and Japanese food preparation, having done courses in Sushi Preparation and Making Ramen.